Justin, answers inline…

> I think that perhaps that SkyWalking may need to stay a little longer in
> the incubator as:
> - There still doesn’t seem to be a lot of discussion on the development
> list.

> - The initial PMC list doesn’t include all fo the current PPMC and
> committers on the roster (and I cannot see any discussion about this).

Well spotted.
DongXue Si, Kai Wang, Sheng Wang, Yang Bai, Yuntao Li, Zhang Kewei, should all
be part of the PPMC (and should have been from the podling creation).

This has been corrected.

> - A search of the private list show only one PPMC added past the initial
> commuter list and they were added without NOTICE being sent (and only
> corrected when I pointed it out).

This was a mistake made, mea cupla, confusing the process for adding the
initial PPMC and adding new PPMC.
Everyone learnt by the mistake being made.

Although a mistake was also made in not first voting this person in as a
committer.

> - The podling roster lists both PPMC and committers [1], including
> people not on the initial list [2], but I’m unable to find any
> discussion or votes to why they were added.

Haoyang Liu was voted on to be a committer, and then later to PPMC.

Shinn Zhang is Xin Zhang, who appears in the original proposal. There was some
confusion about clashing apache IDs early on. This is one of the reasons I like
see the chinese name used after the english name.

> - Has a software grant been received or IP clearance happened?

A software grant was not necessary, everything adequately covered by ICLAs. The
IP clearance was done initially, but maybe we've missed a formality?

Much appreciated that you've spotted these things Justin.

regards,
Mick