> On 5 Nov 2018, at 19:31, Jacques BasaldĂșa <jacq...@dybot.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to formulate a proposal to the ASF incubator. After spending
> some time browsing the website, I still have a few novice questions I wish to
> share with you.
>
> 1. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html states: "Before starting
> on the formal proposal, recruit a Champion.", how can I do that?

Ideally you know someone from Apache who has taken an interest in your project.
Or if it relates to an existing Apache project(s), that could be somewhere to
look.
Failing that, try and interest someone here.

> 2. I don't have a sponsor. I have been dedicating almost 2000 hours in 2018
> (on top of my day job) to this project started end of 2016. At that time, the
> project was developed in a corporation that open sourced it under an Apache
> License in Dec 2017. As I understand it, the incubator is about building (or
> failing to build) a community around a project. Does that meet your
> expectations?

It may do: it depends on your potential for building a community.  Is your
project visible -
e.g. public repos and website?  Can you show evidence of public interest in it?

Your level of committment there might risk burnout in a few years!

> 3. The project is under refactoring to an ambitious long term goal. I do not
> have an MVP, but it has good documentation and software engineering practices
> including: unit testing, static and dynamic analysis tools, building
> automation, etc. I expect the jury and candidates to be comfortable with
> unfinished projects and decide on the vision and the code. Does that make
> sense or is it too early?

That would be matters for your project community.

> I think my questions should be common. If you agree, I volunteer to
> contribute the answers to the website to help others boarding on the
> incubator.

That's a Very Good Way to earn goodwill around here, if you come out of the
process
with a clear vision for better docs.

--
Nick Kew