> On Feb 5, 2019, at 10:27 AM, Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgr...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 2/5/2019 6:27 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> s/available/advertised/
>> Thanks that’s a better way of putting it. Obviously any published artefact
>> is available to the general public if and when they discover it.
>

> Thanks Justin.  The advertised vs available was a big concern for me
> when I read that this morning.

Yes, that is better, but here is the next challenge. For distribution channels
like Maven, NPM, etc which some projects use to stage prospective releases how
do we recommend that projects stay within the available, but not advertised
rule? I think somewhere some guidance is needed. Recently on legal-discuss
there is a long thread [1] which discusses binary channels. Perhaps some
guidance can be pulled from that thread.

Regards,
Dave

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d578819f1afa6b8fb697ea72083e0fb05e43938a23d6e7bb804069b8@%3Clegal-discuss.apache.org%3E