I think Kava is enough of a conflict that it will need to change,
eventually. I think it is OK to keep it as Cava for entry into the
incubator since it already exists but change ASAP:

 - Talk about "Apache Cava (incubating)" will not build the new project's
reputation as well (for example, I actually missed the switch from Onyx to
Nemo so it took me some time to take a look)
 - As a practical matter, a name change may (eventually) lead to various
code namespace moves. In some projects it happens ASAP and some never move
due to a large install base they don't want to disrupt. I think Cava seems
like the former.

Kenn