Hi folks,

There are two non-automated processes related to podling creation right now on
the Infra side. One is creating DNS. The other is creating the LDAP entries for
the podling. The LDAP creation is simply a matter of pushing a button in
Whimsy. Is there a way the latter could be better automated? I’m not sure we’re
going to get to a point where we can automate the DNS without oversight (due to
the substantial cost of an error/outage) but it seems like we could very easily
automate the podling LDAP group creation.

I’m not sure who has whimsy karma necessary to press the Whimsy button. Perhaps
someone involved in the podling onboarding process outside of Infra could
already do this? Maybe we could make it pressable by Mentors?

Thoughts?

-Chris