Hi, all.

We tripped on some bugs related to maven projects generating the file
DEPENDENCIES which includes information about runtime dependencies. We
marked this as a graduation blocker assuming that is required.

Later, we noticed a certain lack of clarity on how to handle this for
javascript.. Then, looking further, it seems the file DEPENDENCIES is
actually not a requirement of ASF or to graduate from the incubator..
If it were, it seems it would be here
http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html right?

Can someone clarify if packaging a file named DEPENDENCIES is required
or a nice-to-have? If we are required to, is the format defined
anywhere? or are we to copy the formatting generated from maven during
the apache-release profile?

Thanks,
-Adrian (on behalf of the Zipkin podling)