1) I asked INFRA how to setup the proper structures in dist.a.o.
INFRA tells me that IPMC members create the proper folders in dist/dev and
dist/release directories and once created the PPMC should have access.

2) There is also no "Staging Profile" in Apache Nexus Repository for
datasketches.  When does that get set up?

I have been held up for a full week now in making any progress in migrating
to ASF.  I need to create the first Release Candidate artifact so that it
can be referenced as a dependency by our other repositories.  I keep
running into roadblocks where the basic infrastructure has not be set up
that would allow me to make progress.

I would be really grateful if someone could help guide me through this
first "release" process steps.

Specifically:
a) Review our POM file for correct setup for a release to Apache (at least
a release candidate)
b) Guide me through the required Maven or command-line commands to get this
first release created.

Thank you!