Hi,

>  I just want to mention some issues people are often confused:
>
> * How to vote on a release.
> * What is the template for a VOTE thread of a committer.
> * Which actions need what kind of consensus.

All of these are clearly documented. See for instance [1], [2] and [3] but each
project is going to do things slightly differently, there are guidelines not
binding rules. Understanding why we do things in a certain way is the hard
thing and that is not documented very well (with a few notable exceptions e.g
branding)

> It could be nice to add such information in one place.

Different bits of information belong to different groups so it’s unlikely to
all be in one spot, doing so causes duplication of information and that can
easily get out of sync and cause confusion.

> On the other hand, we should have a guideline for mentors too. Including
> responsibilities of them, how to mentor a podling project.

There is this [4] but I agree it could have more detail as the practical
aspects of being a mentor.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://incubator.apache.org/policy/incubation.html#releases