Hi,

This is a call to vote to release the Apache Milagro (incubating) Crypto
Libraries v1.0.0.

The Apache Milagro (incubating) community has voted to approve this release
with 5 x +1 votes.  The vote thread can be found here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/7d788b5f3b293bb5545612d9f8af59a005f6407d57d826a1d2a2a563@%3Cdev.milagro.apache.org%3E

(Note that my original [VOTE] email doesn't render for some reason, but its
contents can be seen further down in the thread)

And a summary of the result:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6b320894a91d5ac298f71b1fab168127de6e75ba4763ab0b1b896a0f@%3Cdev.milagro.apache.org%3E

This release includes both C and JavaScript libraries tagged as v1.0.0 in the
following repositories:

Crypto C Library:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-milagro-crypto-c/tags

milagro-crypto-c is a modern cryptographic C library that focuses on Elliptic
Curve Cryptography but has support for legacy systems that require RSA. There
is support for three different security levels; 128, 192 and 256 bit. It has
been written only in C and has no external dependencies other than an entropy
source. Measures have been taken in the code base to prevent side channel
attacks.  Pairing based cryptography (PBC) is a maturing field that has
recently gained widespread acceptance. The library supports schemes that make
use of PBC such as BLS for short signatures and MPIN for multi-factor
authentication (MFA).

Crypto JavaScript Library:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-milagro-crypto-js/tags

milagro-crypto-js is the JavaScript equivalent of milagro-crypto-c. It has all
the same functionality, API and even the intermediate calculated values in the
functions are the same. This library allows you to run MFA using MPIN in the
browser which, to the best of our knowledge, is the only such implementation of
MFA in this context.

Both libraries have been under active development for many years and the APIs
haven't changed in several months. There are extensive tests using third party
test vectors and the tooling required to deploy this software into a modern
software project. We believe that the code base has reached the point that we
can perform general availability (GA) releases.

The compressed archives from these release along with a SHA512 checksum, PGP
signature and PGP key file are being staged here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/milagro

Specifically, for the C library:

Source code archive:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/milagro/apache-milagro-crypto-c-1.0.0-incubating/apache-milagro-crypto-c-1.0.0-incubating-src.tar.gz
SHA512 checksum:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/milagro/apache-milagro-crypto-c-1.0.0-incubating/apache-milagro-crypto-c-1.0.0-incubating-src.tar.gz.sha512
PGP Signature:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/milagro/apache-milagro-crypto-c-1.0.0-incubating/apache-milagro-crypto-c-1.0.0-incubating-src.tar.gz.asc
Keys:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/milagro/apache-milagro-crypto-c-1.0.0-incubating/team.keys

And for the JavaScript library:

Source code archive:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/milagro/apache-milagro-crypto-js-1.0.0-incubating/apache-milagro-crypto-js-1.0.0-incubating-src.tar.gz
SHA512 checksum:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/milagro/apache-milagro-crypto-js-1.0.0-incubating/apache-milagro-crypto-js-1.0.0-incubating-src.tar.gz.sha512
PGP Signature:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/milagro/apache-milagro-crypto-js-1.0.0-incubating/apache-milagro-crypto-js-1.0.0-incubating-src.tar.gz.asc
Keys:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/milagro/apache-milagro-crypto-js-1.0.0-incubating/team.keys

Please note that the project's website (https://milagro.apache.org) has been
updated to include the standard Apache incubator disclaimer and documentation
for the above two libraries.  Please note that download links for the above two
release have not been included, but will be as soon as the release's approval
has been completed and the archives are available for public download.

We now kindly request that the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release as follows:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Checklist for reference:

[ ] Download links are valid
[ ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid
[ ] DISCLAIMER, LICENCE & NOTICE files are included
[ ] Source code archives have correct names matching the current release.
[ ] All source code files have licence headers
[ ] No compiled binaries are included
[ ] Libraries build correctly and all tests pass (as per the instructions in
their respective readme files) on either Windows, Mac or Linux.

The vote will be open for a minimum of 72 hours.  3 x +1 votes are required to
approve this release.

Many thanks,

John

John McCane-Whitney
Director of Product at Qredo Ltd
T: +44 7966 490687
1 Primrose Street
London, UK EC2A 2EX
https://qredo.com
Qredo Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales (registered
number 7834052). This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, and are
intended only for the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient
you may not copy, disclose to anyone else or otherwise use the content of this
e-mail or any attachment thereto and should notify the sender immediately and
delete them from your system.