On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 3:43 AM Saisai Shao <sai.sai.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Livy PPMC has voted to release Livy 0.7.0 RC3 as the next Livy release.
>
> Livy enables programmatic, fault-tolerant, multi-tenant submission of
> Spark jobs from web/mobile apps (no Spark client needed). So, multiple
> users can interact with your Spark cluster concurrently and reliably.
>
> Vote thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ce78a69fb17b7ae1a04a51cb13949c4f726d03c43c6ebde8bbd0272f%40%3Cdev.livy.apache.org%3E
>
> Result thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d030023995e4323c32e8ee68de99e48cb4f20761d5ff784ff2aac558%40%3Cdev.livy.apache.org%3E
>
> The RC is based on tag v0.7.0-incubating-rc3:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-livy/commit/0cc431a7e9236e313f9904ef121cad5df444d4da
>
> The release files can be found here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/livy/0.7.0-incubating-rc3/
>
> The staged maven artifacts can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelivy-1012
>
> The list of resolved JIRAs in this release can be found here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LIVY/versions/12345179
>
> Vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Thanks!

While looking into the binary distribution, it looks like the
third-party file might have been generated and has more files that
actually the ones being distributed, but my bigger issue is with a
list of dependencies with unknown licenses.

Unknown license:

    * ASM Core (asm:asm:3.1 - http://asm.objectweb.org/asm/)
    * Antlr 3.4 Runtime (org.antlr:antlr-runtime:3.4 - http://www.antlr.org)
    * Java Transaction API (javax.transaction:jta:1.1 -
http://java.sun.com/products/jta)
    * Jettison (org.codehaus.jettison:jettison:1.1 - no url defined)
    * commons-beanutils (commons-beanutils:commons-beanutils:1.7.0 -
no url defined)
    * jsp-api (javax.servlet:jsp-api:2.0 - no url defined)
    * ldapsdk (ldapsdk:ldapsdk:4.1 - no url defined)
    * oro (oro:oro:2.0.8 - no url defined)
    * servlet-api (javax.servlet:servlet-api:2.5 - no url defined)
    * transaction-api (javax.transaction:transaction-api:1.1 - no url defined)
    * zookeeper (org.apache.zookeeper:zookeeper:3.4.6 - no url defined)

Also, the main license lists dependencies (e.g. bootstrap and related
theme files) that I believe is only in source distro.

I would feel more comfortable approving the release after this is
sorted out, or making this a source release only.

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975