Dear IPMC,

Apache Hudi (incubating) (pronounced Hoodie) stands for Hadoop Upserts anD
Incrementals. Apache Hudi (incubating) manages storage of large analytical
datasets on DFS (Cloud stores, HDFS or any Hadoop FileSystem compatible
storage) and provide ability to query them.

The Apache Hudi (incubating) community has voted on the release candidate
and approved. The new source release candidate version is
0.5.1-incubating-rc1

Results: 3 binding +1 votes

Here is the voting thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r8af8fb482991c6f8ab1c54069bab129fc76f97f3a2244bc809d9b914%40%3Cdev.hudi.apache.org%3E

Here is the voting result email:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r75c603201701b5cd6697ddb6b69bf4d940c089a1e61ddfa8e68e07b1%40%3Cdev.hudi.apache.org%3E

The Apache Hudi community had verified the following aspects of release:
- verified checksums and signatures [SUCCESS]
- license header check [SUCCESS]
- No binaries in source release [SUCCESS]
- verified RAT check [SUCCESS]
- built from source release (mvn clean install -DskipTests) [SUCCESS]
- mvn test from source release [SUCCESS]

I'd like to call a vote in general to approve the release of Apache Hudi
(incubating). Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the
version 0.5.1, as follows:
[ ] +1,  Approve the release
[ ]  0,  I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release
[ ] -1,  Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:

  - JIRA release notes [1]
  - The official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to
be deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with
fingerprint 623E08E06DB376684FB9599A3F5953147903948A   [3],
  - all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4]
  - source code tag "release-0.5.1-incubating-rc1" [5]

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12322822&version=12346183
[2]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hudi/hudi-0.5.1-incubating-rc1/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hudi//KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehudi-1014
[5]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-hudi/tree/release-0.5.1-incubating-rc1

A release validation script is available in master for running usual
checks. To run this

  - git clone g...@github.com:apache/incubator-hudi.git
  - cd incubator-hudi/scripts
  - ./release/validate_staged_release.sh --release=0.5.1 --rc_num=1

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please cast your votes before
*Jan. 29th 2020, 23:59 UTC*(End on Wednesday). The vote will pass if a
majority of at least three +1 IPMC votes are cast.

Thanks,
Leesf