Hi,

In my opinion, this is way too wordy for a description of the project. How about

... related to database middleware providing data sharding, heterogeneous
database support, and distributed transactions for Java application development.

Other functionality descriptions can be added but maybe we can start editing
this?

Regards,
Craig

> On Mar 9, 2020, at 7:14 AM, zhangli...@apache.org wrote:
>
> WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
> the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
> a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
> of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
> related to Apache ShardingSphere is an ecosystem consisted of a set of
> distributed database middleware solutions, including 2 independent
> products, Sharding-JDBC, Sharding-Proxy. They all provide functions of
> data sharding, distributed transaction, database and data governance,
> applicable in a variety of situations such as Java isomorphism and
> heterogeneous language..

Craig L Russell
c...@apache.org