On 3/9/20 10:45 PM, Sheng Wu wrote:
Hi

Personally, and basically, I am feeling the team has misunderstood
the meaning of incubator and the requirements of building the community.
Same as the last time discussion, I still think they will be in a big
pressure as they have to deal with the basic feature development, community
build and following ASF incubator requirements at the same time if they are
accepted into the incubator. And at the same time, the team lacks the
experiences of open source community in or out of ASF.

I find this remark confusing. Surely this is what the incubator is *for* - to learn about open source community at the ASF.

A strong community and "basic feature development" are not requirements for entering the Incubator. Rather, the incubator is the place for community building (among other things).

I noticed there are a lot of `will`s here in the Proposal section as the
project core features.
Are these language issues or all these features not available today?
Which parts have been implemented?

There is no requirement that a project be a completed product when it comes to the ASF. Indeed, as our friend Stefano Mazzocchi observed, all those years ago, coming in with a completed product makes it a lot harder to build a strong community, because there's nothing for them to do.

I readily admit that I've been away from the Incubator for some time, but surely we don't require projects to have a robust feature set and vibrant community as a requirement of entry. That would seem completely contrary to the entire point of coming here.

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/