> I would assume because it's a dependancy and not bundled in the source
release.

I searched for "copied from" to test that assumption and found code from
Apache Commons:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/bb0befeebe18a9b8ff50e686a3d06e84ccdfb108/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/fileupload/package-info.java#L20-L22

That lines up with my reading of LEGAL-234. If a copyright line for each
project was required in NOTICE, then the question of which dates are
required would not be relevant. And the conclusion to that question was
that "My [Mark T.] reading of [1] is that you only need the Accumulo dates."