For clarity the "additional license" in this case is the Apache License
Header that a contributor added above the numpy license.  I agree that
the original license should remain if the file is considered derived in
anyway.  The podling was asking if they had authority to make the change
to remove the Apache License or if they needed to reach out to the
original contributor to re-license the code.  I believe they have that
authority with or without the contributor's permission.

- Bob