On 2020/06/14 01:31:11, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +1 (binding)

Thank you, Justin!

> - Unable to compile on OSX but assume that’s not a supported platform. It
> would be good to mention this in the README.

The build should work on macOS with the requirements listed in the README.
Node.js and Yarn are the two required tools. (A working "make" command is
needed, unless you run the build steps by hand.) We'll try to make this more
explicit for the next release, and check whether other things are needed that
we've taken for granted.

> You included “.git” directory in the source release was this intentional? It
> includes this file [1] which I’m not sure what the license is.

Including a ".git" directory was intentional. It is an experiment to see
whether this simplifies creating and checking the release contents. The release
is a shallow clone of the source repository and the testing instructions
provide commands to compare the contents with the remote repository to ensure
that only the files from the release tag are included in the tarball.

The file you flagged is a sample file installed by "git init". We will update
our "make dist" command in the future to avoid creating this. Thanks for
finding that.

> You might also want to make this [2] be more in line with [3].

Great catch. Thank you!

Regards,
Randall