On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 at 01:31, Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org> wrote:

> >> So, please review https://incubator.apache.org/podlings_retired.txt
> >
> > No idea what that file has to do with this thread, or what you expect
> > me to review.
> >
> >> If create a retired/$col1 directory on the website the trouble will
> >> resolve?
> >
> > Try creating retired/tamaya/ and see what happens to
> > http://tamaya.apache.org/
> > It should redirect to http://incubator.apache.org/projects/tamaya.html
> >
> > N.B. this only needs to be done for retired podlings whose URLs don't
> > already redirect.
> >
> > There are only about 6 of those, see:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-262
> >
> >> I want to make sure I'm picking the podling attribute you expect.
> >
> > The directory name under retired/ must be the same as the unqualified
> > host name for the podling website.
>
> I’m not sure I’m doing what you expected:
>
> A file is created with the directories you expect at
> http://incubator.apache.org/retired/tamaya/project.txt

There is no need for a file. However AIUI Git does not support empty
directories in checkouts.
It might be better to create an empty index.html file instead.

> The source is here:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator/blob/master/assets/retired/tamaya/project.txt
>
> However I’m not seeing the redirect.

There was a missing path segment in the directory check, so the server
was not finding the directory.
This has now been fixed, and http://tamaya.apache.org/ does redirect.
(You may need to clear the browser cache).

However http://tamaya.incubator.apache.org/ is not redirecting
properly. I need to look into this further.