On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 6:39 AM Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
wrote:

> Hi Lothar,
>
> after a call with you and comparing that to the proposal, I think it
> would be great if you could explain a little bit more on a concrete
> example what SST does, which problem it solves and how it differs from
> existing solutions.
>
> For me at first the proposal was pretty lengthy but stayed so vague with
> WHAT it actually is, that this didn't trigger my interest at first.
> Perhaps being a little more concrete will help get some responses here.
>
> Chris

I had a bit of trouble understanding it as well, but from what I picked up
it sounds like an API and library to read and write industry-standard file
formats used in CAD/CAE/CAM systems, with ability to version control those
files or at least provide meaningful diffing of these formats.

STEP was mentioned several times. Not sure if that refers to the 3D file
format that's used as a data interchange between CAD systems, or is an
acronym for something else.

Should be interesting to hear more about it.

Cheers,
Nathan