On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 1:24 AM Dominik Riemer <rie...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we used the "transfer repository" feature when we were transferring
> StreamPipes to the incubator, which worked smoothly.
> Infra performs the transfer upon request, the only requirement is that you
> are able to add someone from Infra as an owner to your existing repository,
> as only Infra can initiate the transfer due to access rights.

This is correct.

Sometimes the repository-to-transfer is in an Organization that will not
allow Infra to become an owner (for example, a bank). For those cases, we
use an intermediate Organization where an owner of the repo-to-transfer can
be added as an admin to that intermediate. They can then transfer from the
closely-held Organization to the intermediate. Then Infra will move it one
more time into the Apache Organization on GitHub.

This is pretty routine, and just requires an INFRA ticket with links to any
votes/approvals for the move into the Apache org.

Cheers,
Greg
Infrastructure Administrator, ASF