Hi,

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 11:02 PM Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi.
>
> > These Non-Generated Sources Files with the "Extreme! Lab, Indiana
> > University" license:
> > - com/bea/xml/stream/MXParser.java
>
> This is probably OK but that legal JIRA hasn’t been resolved.

This class is used here:
- com/bea/xml/stream/ReadOnlyNamespaceContextBase.java
- com/bea/xml/stream/MXParserFactory.java
- com/bea/xml/stream/XMLEventAllocatorBase.java
- com/bea/xml/stream/XMLEventReaderBase.java
- com/bea/xml/stream/MXParser.java
- com/bea/xml/stream/XMLEventWriterBase.java
- com/bea/xml/stream/samples/AllocEventParser.java
- com/bea/xml/stream/samples/EventParse.java
- com/bea/xml/stream/samples/NoAllocEventParser.java
- com/bea/xml/stream/samples/Parse.java
- com/bea/xml/stream/samples/EventWrite.java
- com/bea/xml/stream/EventReaderFilter.java
- com/bea/xml/stream/SubReader.java
- com/bea/xml/stream/StreamReaderFilter.java

On a 2nd thought, that Legal JIRA is not for the same situation as we have
here. What we have here is:
Some source code files are cherry picked from that 'mxparser' library and
redistributed, both in Source and Binary forms, as part of that 'stax'
library.

Justin, what would you recommend here ? Open another Legal JIRA ?

> > These Non-Generated Sources Files have "Copyright (c) 2002 by BEA
> Systems.
> > All Rights Reserved." indication:
> > - com/bea/xml/stream/samples/*.java
>
> I would assume that these are not used and either a) they are under the
> same license and/or b) we can consider them optional. Even if licensed
> under a category X this would be OK.

OK and agree.

> > These Non-Generated Sources Files have ASL v1.1 header:
> > - com/bea/xml/stream/reader/*.java
>
> This is category A and fine.
>
> > These Non-Generated Sources Files with no license header:
> > - com/bea/xml/stream/EventState.java
> > - com/bea/xml/stream/events/NotationDeclarationEvent.java
> > - com/bea/xml/stream/events/EntityDeclarationEvent.java
>
> It would be nice to know how these files are licensed. I had glanced at
> these and assume they were generated dcde.

The 'com/bea/xml/stream/EventState.java' indeed looks generated, but not
the other 2, they both have:

/**
 * Simple implementation of {@link NotationDeclaration}.
 *
 * @author Tatu Saloranta
 */

and

/**
 * Simple implementation of {@link EntityDeclaration}. Since no external
 * or unparsed entities are supported (yet?), this is quite simplistic
 * implementation.
 *
 * @author Tatu Saloranta
 */

I am trying to reach out for this developer on LinkedIn.