How about simply changing to Postgres?
I wouldn't expect StreamPark to depend on some MySQL special features.
Simply changing to Postgres should probably resolve the problem, right?

Chris

On 25.08.22, 08:43, "Calvin Kirs" <k...@apache.org> wrote:

    Yes, this is consistent with what Justin said. If he is optional, then
    OK. I misunderstood what you meant by 1 :(
    But if the software does not work without mysql, even if you remove it
    (mysql) when you distribute it, and then leave it to users to add it
    themselves.
    that's not okay either

    Cheng Pan <pan3...@gmail.com> 于2022年8月25日周四 14:33写道:

    > > 1. the project hardly depends on mysql-connector, w/o mysql-connector,
    > > the project can not work totally.
    > > 2. some optional functionalities of the project require
    > > mysql-connector, w/o mysql-connector, the project still works.
    > > 3. the project use mysql-connector for testing-only purpose,
    > > mysql-connector is not required in runtime at all, e.g. the project
    > > implements MySQL transport protocol, it uses mysql-connector for
    > > testing to ensure compatibility.
    >
    > Thanks Calvin, from my understanding of [1], 2 and 3 are allowed, but 1
is not.

    > [1] https://apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Cheng Pan
    >
    > On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 2:04 PM tison <wander4...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi JB,
    > >
    > > With Beam: Beam provides a unified programming model (dataflow), while
    > > StreamPark is a platform to package, deploy and operate streaming
    > > applications.
    > >
    > > I'm not quite familiar with Wayang and NiFi, though.
    > >
    > > Best,
    > > tison.
    > >

    > > Jean-Baptiste Onofré <j...@nanthrax.net> 于2022年8月25日周四 13:26写道:
    > >
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > Interesting proposal. How do you compare StreamPark with Apache Beam,
    > > > Wayang, NiFI ?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > >
    > > > Regards
    > > > JB