The source archive/tarball includes a LICENSE and NOTICE which specifies
the license for that artifact. The individual files' header simply
reinforces that.

In some release artifacts, individual files have a slightly different
license (eg. a third-party MIT-licensed piece of source), which definitely
needs to be recorded within those files.

IMO, it is just fine for the pom file to not contain a license header,
since the entire distribution is licensed as ALv2.

Cheers,
-g