It’s useful to clarify the terminology. There’s no such thing as a “binary
release”. Release policy [1] says:

> Every ASF release MUST contain one or more source packages

> All releases are in the form of the source materials needed to make
changes
> to the software being released.
>
> As a convenience to users that might not have the appropriate tools to
build a
> compiled version of the source, binary/bytecode packages MAY be
distributed
> alongside official Apache releases.”

The binary packages that may accompany a release are generally referred to
as “binary artifacts” of the release.

Julian

[1] https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#artifacts

On Feb 8, 2023, at 7:19 AM, Dave Fisher <wave4d...@comcast.net> wrote:

Hi PJ,

Daffodil uses sbt and produces binary releases -
https://daffodil.apache.org/releases/3.4.0/
- https://GitHub.com/Apache/daffodil/

Best,
Dave