IANAL, but the advice I've been given informally by IP lawyer friends many
years ago is don't change the existing copyright.

You could instead amend to something like:

Original version:
> Copyright (C) since 2016 Lightbend Inc.
> Subsequent changes made by the Apache Pekko community:
> Copyright 2022 The Apache Software Foundation.

Also, at the time, it was commented by the same lawyer folks that in many
(but not all) jurisdictions, you can leave the year out of individual files
as long as you have a generic NOTICE file with the year range, e.g.
2022-2023 for Pekko. The date specifics for any individual file/change can
be determined "Ex Post Facto" from the version control system. But I
presume the LEGAL folks will give you further up to date info.

Cheers, Paul.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>