I just had a quick look into this and according to
https://github.com/mdn/content/blob/main/LICENSE.md#licenses-for-code-examples-and-snippets
the licensed code snippet (which is what the source file in question is
referring to) it should be CC0 license if the code snippet was added after
August 20, 2010 and if it was added before its MIT license (see
https://github.com/mdn/content/blob/main/LICENSE.md#added-before-august-20-2010
).

MIT is compatible with Apache 2 license and CCO is also compatible with
Apache 2 license since its effectively public domain (see
https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/public-domain/cc0/ and
https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/CC0_FAQ#Can_anyone_use_a_work_that_is_distributed_under_CC0.3F).
It would be quite shocking if we couldn't use CCO source code as the whole
point of the license is to waive all copyright, ip and related rights and
this is why CCO is typically used for code samples/configuration (it's to
avoid problems like this) and Apache seems to agree as well, see
https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#handling-public-domain-licensed-works,
specifically

> You can include works in the public domain (or covered by a license
treated similarly) within Apache products. You must provide attribution (in
a similar fashion to the Category A list).

> Licenses that we treat as similar to public domain:
> Creative Commons CC0 “No Rights Reserved”
> Creative Commons Public Domain Certification

Kind regards,
Matthew

--

Matthew de Detrich

*Aiven Deutschland GmbH*

Immanuelkirchstraße 26, 10405 Berlin

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 209739 B

Geschäftsführer: Oskari Saarenmaa & Hannu Valtonen

*m:* +491603708037

*w:* aiven.io *e:* matthew.dedetr...@aiven.io