Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 9, 2023, at 7:51 PM, Suyash Gupta <suyash.gu...@berkeley.edu.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> Hello All
>
> Let me try to add to Mohammad's response. We defined an initial committer
> list of 40+ members as we wanted to give credit to everyone who has
> collaborated with us on projects/papers that were built around ResilientDB.
> But, the 20 contributors visible on github are the ones who worked on the
> actual codebase, which we are trying to bring to ASF. The projects that
> other folks worked on are independent from the ResilientDB codebase and
> have no correlation with this release.
>
> So, following ASF guidelines, we are fine with reducing the initial
> committer list to the 20 members. Please let us know your thoughts.

One way to consider is that initial committers should be those who plan to
participate in the Apache ResilientDB community. ASF committers need to sign an
ICLA and that will determine how many committers. Nothing prevents any of those
who don’t sign from contributing.

Early in incubation you will need to create a website and you can discuss the
history of the project and if they agree those contributors you wish to honor.

Best wishes,
Dave