> Datastax has had recent issues regarding trademarks; please follow the
> policy, not what other 3rd party companies do.

Of course we should follow the policy primarily. The reference is
demonstrate what "adding trademark attributions" mean.

> However, they don’t seem to understand that they are responsible for managing
> their brand and protecting the ASF trademarks

I get your points now.

The PMC prioritizes the issues you spotted and fixed them firstly.
They may ask questions and seek helps for trademarks to get a best
practices to comply with the policy. While you may regard it as
"outsource", the PMC is clear that they're responsible to fix them but
cross check the understanding.

I can understand now that it can give an imagine only Xuanwo and I fix
the issues and beyond what you point out, most of the branding
improvement is started by my comments [1][2][3][4][5]. I may be too
proactive here to hide others understanding.

The trademark guide [6] clearly declares where we should use the full
form of the project name. And for other content the PMC generates,
there can be other potential issues to fix.

I'll send an email in dev@opendal.a.o for conveying this information
and let other members to review the content they produced or saw. Hope
this can be an evidence that the PMC understands their responsibility.
Of course, this is not a one-time action but should be continued as
the PMC exists :D

Best,
tison.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/vg5mor8m4twy3578rzdqop0y9t961x6y