On Fri, Mar 29, 2024 at 8:34 AM PJ Fanning <fannin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
> My GitHub repo [1] is a fork of Matthias Lüneberg's repo [2]. His
> original repo was built for Akka. My fork modifies it to use Pekko
> instead.
> So it is my code that is being imported but the SGA is to acknowledge
> that the original code was written by Matthias Lüneberg.
> We can't bring my fork into Apache Pekko itself without Matthias
> Lüneberg's software grant.
>
> [1] https://github.com/pjfanning/aws-spi-pekko-http
> [2] https://github.com/matsluni/aws-spi-akka-http

Ok, I see, you previously created a derived work from the original author's
work, and I'm assuming you approached the author about donating to the ASF
via SGA which they did so that you can bring the derived work into Pekko.
To make that clearer, I would update the IP Clearance to state that the
code being imported is from your repo at whatever commit hash which was
forked from the original author's work as of whatever commit hash.

Was the forked repo's commit hash recorded on the SGA?