Title: RE: What is Jakarta?

Um, you're preaching to the choir.  My whole point is that we should all use the same database pool, if possible.  I think it's unfortunate that Struts and Turbine are not on the same page.  My suggested approach is that we create a utilities subproject that includes either the Turbine pool or the Struts pool and use it.  That way, I can deploy the database pool and Turbine, the database pool and Struts, the database pool and both, or go off on my own merry way with just the database pool.  Turbine is nice, but it's not me.