Sean Legassick wrote:

>Sam Ruby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>>  The other being a potential
>>regression in reflection/security found in Scarab.  I say potential
>>regression as I don't know yet if it is a security hole that has been
>>closed, a tightening up of checks that prior JDKs were lax on, or a bug.
>>In any case, the project is not an Apache one and the owners do not seem
>>predisposed to pursue it...
>
>The problem, however, is with use of the Texen tool which is a part of
>Velocity, and the problem would occur with any use of that tool...

So we now have a volunteer?  ;-) Cool!

Status update on 1.4 test.  It appears that all the problems are can fall
into three categories.

   The first is the interface changes to java.sql.  While these apparently
   were approved internally, I don't think anybody fully realized the scope
   of the impact of these changes.  I still think new interfaces should be
   defined, probably extending the original ones, and both sets supported.

   The second is the xml-batik failure, which seemed remarkably close to
   what was seen with 1.2 compiler.  Believe it or not, this is due to a
   bug (or an "unanticipated feature" ;-)) in Ant, which actually caused
   the 1.2 compiler to be called - as it is still included in the JDK.

   The final problem is the one that affects Texen/Velocity/Scarab  ...

- Sam Ruby