Nael Mohammad at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The only thing preventing Java from manifesting is Sun itself.
>
> Sun get a clue, you fought MS hard  and won and now you cry wolf when the
> leader of the pack refuses to support Java.
>
> What's wrong with you?
>
> Does MS bitch to you not bundling IE for Unix with your Solaris. NO! So why
> should they support you, if has no economic value to MS? What EVA is earned
> if you refuse to license JAVA to MS? None! So stop the CRYing.
>
> What you should do is let JAVA manifest itself by just donating it to the
> OPEN Source community. Just let it go! And Java will be the defacto standar
> and not MS.

(To defend my employer a little bit)... I believe no Sun official ever
"cried wolf" when Microsoft removed Java support from Windows XP. Actually,
(personal opinion) removing a 1.1.4 from the OS gives us the opportunity to
push the Java 2 platform more strongly (no more people coming to me saying
"tomcat doesn't work with Microsoft JView... THERE'S NO JVIEW ANYMORE!)

My 2c.

    Pier