----- Original Message -----
From: "Ted Husted" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Making Commons-Cactus a top level projet

> Yes, Jason's vote came in after I posted. Counting Craig, that makes 8,
> which is the threshhold.

:-)

> Jason and I (with assists from Sam and Brian) are just finishing up
> Lucene, which could launch next week.
>
> I guess for Catcus all we need is a new CVS where Vincent can upload the
> source. The Website and mailing lists are all ready in place.
>
> Should the +1's from the commons vote be the intial committer list,
> Vincent?
>
> Commons Committers:
>
> Morgan Delagrange, +1
> Craig R. McClanahan, +1
> Rodney Waldhoff, +1
> Scott Sanders, +1
> Geir Magnusson Jr., +1
> James Strachan, +1
> Vincent Massol, +1

We need:
- a new CVS. Is it possible to not to loose any history by copying the CVS
files rather than doing an import ?
- a new web site location: Cactus is currently in
/www/jakarta.apache.org/commons/cactus. It should probably be moved in
/www/jakarta.apache.org/cactus (so that it can be accessed by
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus). I guess this is just a matter of doing a
copy.
- mailing list is fine for cactus-users. We will need to set up one for
cactus-dev
- Jyve: a new entry for Cactus. At the current time, the Cactus FAQ is in
the Jakarta-Commons FAQ.
- modify the Jakarta web site to reflect the change (menu, mailing list,
download, announcement, ...)

[And we need to make a few changes to Cactus : package name + documentation
+ others]

But I agree, the most important at this stage is the new CVS.

WRT the Cactus committers, there are already 2 for Cactus :
-Vincent Massol
-Jari Worsley
and there is a pending vote for Nicholas Lesiecki as a new Cactus committer.

If I understand, we need a minimum of 3 committers: we have already 2.
Either Nicholas is voted in or any committers from Commons who would like to
be Cactus committers ...

> We might also want to add a "Who We Are" page to the Cactus site listing
> the Committers and other developers working on the product.

It's already done (I did that a few days ago, although I think I forgot to
put Rob Leland and you, Ted .. oops .... If I remember correctly you were
the 2 initial committers for Cactus, right ?).

thanks for your help!

-Vincent