Pier,

Please direct the guy to:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q222/5/08.ASP

It looks like applying the SP is not enough and he may have to edit the
registry as described. (At least that's what should do the mail admin)

I had the same problem and it took me some time to figure out the solution.
I had the occasion to send this link a couple of time to people in various
mailing list at jakarta.

--
 Stéphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France