Jason, could we have a proposal here?

Creation of subprojects

PMC members may propose the creation of new subprojects. Proposals are
contain the scope of the project, identify the initial source from which
the project is
to be populated, identify the mailing list(s) if any which are to be
created, and
identify the initial set of committers. Creation of a new subproject
requires approval
by 3/4 vote of the PMC.

I agree that there seems to be support, but lacking a BCEL community we
really need to address things like whow the 3+ committers will be.

We can then call for a [VOTE] on the proposal.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/struts/