James Duncan Davidson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 12/15/01 20:31, "Kevin A. Burton - burtonator" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > What is the deal with that Tomcat logo?
> > I know it is from the old Tomcat product even while it is back at SUN.
>
> Bzzzt. Wrong answer. The logo was paid for by Sun, but happened after the
> Tomcat source code was dropped to the public.

Are you sure?  I was using Tomcat before it came over to Apache and it did have
that Tomcat logo... or something very similar.

Anyone have an old .zip or tar :)
<snip>

> It's a leg. At no point during the design did any of us (2 males and one
> female) associate the 3rd leg with the implement that you have now associated
> it with. It was until your post that I saw that for the first time in the
> almost three years it has been since we did that logo.

That is funny!

I saw it a year ago after ApacheCon on the mug you gave me...

I was just staring at it and it hit me... that is not a leg!

I either figured it was created by a TOTAL genius or just a random fluke!

... but a funny random fluke! :)

> But now that you point it out.. You sick sick man. :)
<snip>

... ug.

Kevin

--
Kevin A. Burton ( [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] )
        Jabber - [EMAIL PROTECTED],  Web - http://relativity.yi.org/

Linux is both Open Source and Free Software, Java is neither!