This thread goes sooooo loooooooooong with all of you
showing yours that I can't resist showing mine:

public void setSomething(Object i_something)
{
    m_something = i_something;
}

Or even...

public void setSomething(Object i_something)
{
    Object something;  // a local something

    something = fixThat(i_something);

    if (isCool(something))
    {
        m_something = i_something;
    }
    else
    {
        throw new IllegalArgumentException("What a bad thing we have
here!!!");
    }
}

Prefix paranoia huh?

But I never mix class members with parameters or with local
vars due to similar spellings and misspellings and so.

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar