Hey all,

I just wanted to say that I'm not going to accept my Jakarta PMC nomination
and do not want to be included in the voting for the next election.

I have been involved with Java Apache/Jakarta since Sept 1996 and I think
that it is time for me to move on from being politically responsible for
this group. Honestly, I'm jaded and burned out on it all.

That said, I recently signed a 10 year lease on a prime event space in
downtown San Francisco and I am moving towards spending more time being a
big time night club owner than working on Jakarta. More info:
<http://www.studioz.tv/> (p.s. that site is built with Anakia <smile>)

I also just released Scarab 1.0b1 and am focused primarily on making Scarab
the best issue tracking tool around. Expect to see more great developments
on this project. It is by far, one of the best designed, largest and most
complex pieces of software that I have ever had the pleasure of helping
develop. It will be around for a very long time and will eventually put
Bugzilla out of business. More info: <http://scarab.tigris.org/>

thanks,

-jon