Subject: Re: Now what? (was: Jakarta Overview)
From: Jon Carnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> True.
>
> </snip>
>
>> I agree, but you need a purpose for a release. Releasing just so it
>> happens often is pointless. There should be a consistent amount of
>> change/bug fixing/docs etc for a release to be made.
>>

> Agreed.  But thats not a release.  Thats called lying to yourself/others
> that you have a release when you really just have a build.
>
> -Andy

I believe that you have to have a release periodically (even if the changes
are not dramatic). These things are cyclical.  If you want to keep the
focus of your community, you have to generate releases.  Agreed that they
should not be pointless, but I can't imagine a truely pointless release.
We always have *some* progress.