If I were going to Apache to look for database stuff be it a database
(object oriented or not) and/or stuff to work with it...I'd be prone to
look at db.apache.org.  Then again... Jakarta == Java?? ;-)

-Andy

On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 18:44, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Tue, 7 May 2002 08:34, Daniel Rall wrote:
> > "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > I was thinking that a better name might be 'dataaccess' or something to
> > > reflect the fact that the scope isn't just about formal db's.
> > >
> > > Not sure.  We can keep it as 'db' as a working name for now, I suppose.
> >
> > The only other thing that I could come up with was "persistence"
> > (which probably isn't as good as db...not general enough).
>
> I disagree - I think persistence or more likely persist.apache.org is general
> enough. Not sure if it is a snappy enough name though ;)
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Peter Donald
>

> --

http://www.superlinksoftware.com - software solutions for business
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound Document in
Java
http://krysalis.sourceforge.net/centipede - the best build/project
structure
                    a guy/gal could have! - Make Ant simple on complex Projects!
vote.
-Ambassador Kosh