----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Scott Stevens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 8:00 PM
Subject: Re: new look

> on 6/27/02 10:52 AM, "Kasper Nielsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I just saw the new look on http://java.sun.com/ and boy its neat.
>
> Indeed. It is far better than what they had.
>
> > What about bringing something like this to jakarta land?? (And no. I'm
not
> > currently Volunteering to do this)
>
> I think we have been working on a new look...but it is coming out of the
> Maven department...I actually have an Anakia stylesheet with the new look
> that I did for my club...<http://studioz.tv/>...isn't hard to change the
> existing one out...again though...it takes volunteers to actually do the
> work and part of the problem is that the projects are all rendered on
their
> own (bah!)...so it would be a slow migration to the new look across all of
> the projects...

Isn't maven more directed towards each independent top-project??
The great thing about the java.sun.com layout is that there is so much room
for writing stuff and linking to stuff.

> > I also thought thought that 'Community Discussion '
> > (http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/community/chat/) like they have
on
> > java.sun.com would be a great idea for jakarta as well.
>
> irc.whichever.com:6667

Yeah i know, I was actually more refering to announced sessions, lets say a
posting on the front page of jakarta.apache.org
July 16 11:00 A.M. PDT/6:00 P.M. GMT
The Turbine Framework
Guests: Jon Scott Stevens and Jason Van Zyl

And then some kind of swing app on top so people doesn't have to install a
IRC client.

- Kasper