This is the inappropriate place for this.  Please go here:
jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html -- read it, then on the next page post
to the ant mailing list.

-Andy

On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 11:36, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi -- I wish to report a bug in your batch file ant.bat with regards to
> Windows9x.  I'm running a Windows98 SE installation here and when I
> downloaded Ant, I put it in C:\Ant and inserted in my autoexec.bat file in a
> path statement C:\Ant\Bin and also a
> SET ANT_HOME=C:\ANT as per your instructions.  But when (after rebooting my
> system) I went into the dos window and typed ant with no arguments just to
> test it out, I get about 9 Out of Environment Space error messages and one
> Bad command or file error message.
>
> I believe these errors stem from 2 things about Windows9x:
>
>      1.  In Windows9x, you cannot set environmental variables in a batch file
> other than the autoexec.bat file and then, if you do set some environmental
> variable in Windows9x, you must reboot your system for the change to take
> effect.  So, any change that you make in a batch file would be lost in, say,
> ant.bat.
>
>      2.  In Windows9x, you cannot use the word CALL in a batch file as it is
> NOT part of the DOS used by Windows9x.  CALL was introduced in WindowsNT.
> So, for example, if you say:
>    for ... call ...   or
>    if exists call .....
> these are illegal constructs in Windows9x DOS.
>
> I do have a question though -- Has anyone constructed a batch file that will
> run on Windows9x for Ant??  If so, please let me know where I can download
> it.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Allan J Horwitz, M.Sc.
>
> --

http://www.superlinksoftware.com - software solutions for business
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound Document in
Java
http://krysalis.sourceforge.net/centipede - the best build/project
structure
                    a guy/gal could have! - Make Ant simple on complex Projects!
vote.
-Ambassador Kosh