A number of gump changes that some might want to be aware of:

1) Due to space concerns, gump's output is moving from daedalus.apache.org to icarus.apache.org. This includes build logs, cvs extract snapshots, and nightly builds. If you have any urls which reference one of these, simply change the first name in the URL from either jakarta or xml to cvs.

Example: http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/

2) Unless I hear significant objections, I plan to upgrade to JDK 1.4 as there are getting to be too many failures as JDK 1.4 specific methods are increasingly being used. Current examples include:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2002-11-10/jakarta-bcel.html
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2002-11-10/jakarta-tomcat-catalina.html

3) I plan to move Gump out of Alexandria. My favorite suggestion to date is from Costin: move Gump to jakarta-commons. If you care to comment on this, please direct your replies to alexandria-dev.

- Sam Ruby