On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Paulo Gaspar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> but this got to such a dimension that I am sure all sysadmins must
> know how it works by now.

Unlikely, this is by for not the first virus/worm working that way -
during the last round I got informed that I was banned from the
netbeans-dev list (that I had never subscribed to).

I think those antivirus-software should get smarter.  The scanners
know which virus they've found as they name it in the bounce mails (a
couple of hundreds here as well by now) - so one should think they'd
also know that the From header is forged and any bounce is useless.

Stefan