On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:49:37 +0100
robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i've been thinking about this and i think that maybe there's a way to
> change the pages that will improving things for users whilst still
> preventing problems with people not reading the rules. this is really only
> a major problem for developer lists.

> maybe we could try moving the user lists to the bottom of the first page
> and then leave the link to the developer lists on the second page. maybe
> the extra space could be used to add some links that of interest for
> potential contributors.

I made many changes to mail.html and mail2.html the other day.
Now, each subprojects can point out
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#(projectname/acronym)
directly.

I do not think separating the intro page of userlist from
that of devlist is a good idea (sorry). I am afraid it might cause
confusions to the users/developers.

Rather, I would like to prompt each projects to
1. change left-side navi of each projects
2. change message trailer (footer of each mails)

#1:
 please see the sample of this: http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/

#2:
 The Apache Jakarta POI Project will use these message trailers below,
((Jakarta POI-dev list))

I think these above are enough.

-- Tetsuya ([EMAIL PROTECTED])