Stephen McConnell wrote:

> If I understand correctly, the opinions of an individual are not the
> same as a motion passed by the BOD.

Correct.

> In fact, my understanding is that the role of PMC implies
> no rights at all - just extra responsibility.

> Is there anything concrete to suggest otherwise?

Did you read the two messages, one from Roy, the other from Greg in his
official capacity as ASF Chairman?  If not, please do so.  If so, and you
still have some questions that you feel you must have answered, perhaps it
would be best for you to addressed them directly with the Board.  I don't
believe that it would be appropriate for anyone else to pose an
authoritative sounding answer.

        --- Noel