If its not too patronising of me I'd like to propose vote of thanks to Sam as outgoing
chair,

Sam, I know you've been more involved elsewhere lately, but from a personal point of
view I've learned to respect and appreciate the low-key, mature and consensus building
way in which you have steered Jakarta through a period of great change. You have
worked hard to ensure that allegations of conservatism couldn't be levelled at
Jakarta, and have sucessfully encouraged project after project to grow up and follow
their own star. If more of us were more like you we'd've achieved so much more by now.
Thanks its appreciated.

On a related note, welcome Geir, I'm sure you can count on us to continue to be a
bunch of cranky opinionated blowhards who couldn't reach a real decision if our lives
depended upon it. :-)

d.