I pushed through the release of commons-net 1.2 yesterday.  I completed all
the steps mentioned in
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html, in particular,
step 13:

Follow standard procedures to update the Jakarta web site (stored in CVS
repository jakarta-site2) to reflect the availability of the new release).
If you have an account on daedalus, log in and update the web site. (If not,
you'll need to ask on commons-dev or [EMAIL PROTECTED])

> cd /www/jakarta.apache.org/
> cvs up index.html site

      Check the live site. (The mirrors may or may not be in synch just yet.)
I checked immediately after completing this step and my changes appeared to
have immediately taken effect at http://jakarta.apache.org#Headlines

Later, just out of curiosity, I checked again.  The page seemed to have
reverted to its earlier content.  Since then I have looked several times and
my changes are not there.

Going back over the directions, it appears that my mistake was that I didn't
do all this cvs-ing on daedalus, but on www.apache.org.  So that the
mirroring process wiped out my changes on the site soon after they were
uploaded.

Now, trying to check out the latest from cvs onto daedalus, I find that I
cannot actually log onto this machine.  I believe that if someone logs onto
daedalus and does
> cd /www/jakarta.apache.org/
> cvs up index.html site
the site will be updated.

Can someone with rights to this machine please do that?
Thanks.