Hi,

ok. So this means, once we get e.g. /jakarta/turbine, we could
set the repository structure below it just as we see it fit?

We (Turbine) currently have (for history reasons) a lot of CVS
repositories and consolidating them is a real pet peeve for me. ;-)

        Regards
                Henning

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 18:47, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > > If I'm not wrong (and I could be) we should just have
> > > /jakarta/velocity
> > > /jakarta/....
>
> Correct.  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/sub/{ttb}.  I suggest
> that tags be used instead of releases, since (a) it is a known convention,
> and (b) you may have tags other than releases.
>
> > I'd -1 that. Every single commit to a Jakarta project would
> > increase the global revision number.
>
> Ignore it.  It is not a per-project revision indictor, and there is no
> intent to have more than one public SVN repository for the ASF.  Every
> commit to every ASF project will increase the GBN.
>
> SVN repositories are not cheap to setup and maintain when you take into
> account other behind-the-scenes issues, including access control, hooks,
> backup, et cetera.  It is quite easy to do access control with a single
> Subversion repository.  And it is trivial to handle project promotion or
> migration since we simply do an `svn move` operation.
>
> In any event, this isn't a Jakarta issue.  If you want to debate the merits,
> that would be on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>       --- Noel

[EMAIL PROTECTED]        +49 9131 50 654 0   http://www.intermeta.de/

                       --Michelle Levesque, "Fundamental Issues with
                                    Open Source Software Development"