Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta Wiki" for
change notification.

The following page has been changed by YoavShapira:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/CreatingCommonsForWebComponents

The comment on the change is:
Genesis of Silk

     * Bloc - "The Web Bloc"
   * What about something less definite and more "code word"?  What about not
having the word "web"? "Arctic" or "Telsa" or something completely meaningless
but catchier than "Web .*$"
   * Apache Silk (silk is what webs are made from)
-
- ---- /!\ '''Edit conflict - other version:''' ----
-    * Since this is looking like the likely choice in our currently ongoing
vote, I'd like to fill in a bit of history for the name.  We get asked all the
time where Tomcat, Struts, and other project names came from.  I suggested
"Apache Spider Web" for this project because I thought the other names were too
normal, too corporate, and a bit boring.  Henri thought Spider Web was a bit
ominous and had negative connotations, but that idea inspired his Silk
suggestion, which everyone (including me) loves.  There, now we actually have a
documented history for how a project got its name before the project is popular
;)
+    * Since this is looking like the likely choice in our currently ongoing
vote, I'd like to fill in a bit of history for the name.  We get asked all the
time where Tomcat, Struts, and other project names came from.  I (Yoav)
suggested "Apache Spider Web" for this project because I thought the other
names were too normal, too corporate, and a bit boring.  Henri thought Spider
Web was a bit ominous and had negative connotations, but that idea inspired his
Silk suggestion, which everyone (including me) loves.  There, now we actually
have a documented history for how a project got its name before the project is
popular ;)

  This will probably need to be settled on the list.
WebCommonsNameRequestForComments (create as needed).

- ---- /!\ '''Edit conflict - your version:''' ----
- ---- /!\ '''End of edit conflict''' ----
-