Noel J. Bergman wrote:
Danny Angus wrote:

I'm one of the "1) Inactive PMC members

Define inactive.  Inactive as a committer?  Inactive as a PMC member
providing oversight to Jakarta projects?  I'm in the former category, as are
many, but I still actively monitor several project lists, even if I only
post when I have something specific to contribute.

Maybe an order in which a "cleanup" can be persued :

1) People who are committer and don't have a CLA on file. In short : people
with disabled accounts.
  (don't remember if there was a follow action on that to completely remove
these users?)
1a) People who are just committer on projects that no longer exist (eg
jakarta-alexandria)
2) People who are committer, did commit some files and then were never heard of
again.
3) People who are committer, did do some serious work and vanished.
4) People who are on the PMC and aren't active committers and aren't active
participants.
5) People who are on the PMC and their project moved to another PMC and aren't
active participants.

Activity doesn't mean just committing.

For all points : skip members of the foundation.
1 is most likely the case for people who moved on to something else.
With points 2 till 5 we could check if they are still on mailinglists and we could send them a polite mail (content varying, depending if on PMC or not) asking what their future plans are.

The result can be a couple of things (probably depending on the response) :
- Leave it as is
- Move them to emuritus
- Remove them.
 or